Effective Date: October 31, 2019.
1. Introduction and Overview.
If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights and choices, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
2. Information Collection.
A. Information You Provide.
We collect information when you use the Service, including information you provide when you subscribe to receive information about our products or services, access our content, contact customer service, apply for a job, or otherwise use the Service. We may use Service Providers (defined below) to collect information.
Some of the information we collect includes information that identifies you personally (whether alone or in combination). Examples of information you provide include the following:
- Contact Data, including your first and last name, and your company’s name, email address, postal address, phone number, and facsimile number.
- Quotes for Products and Services, including quotes for products and services and additional information we may request from you in response to requests for quotes, such as technical specifications, financial information, and other business-related information.
- Content, including content within any messages you send to us (such as feedback and questions to customer support).
- Resume Data, including your employment history, transcript, writing samples, and references as necessary to consider you for a job opening if you submit an application to us.
You may choose to voluntarily submit other information to us through the Service that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
B. Information Collected Automatically.
In addition, we automatically collect information when you use the Service. Some examples of information we automatically collect include the following:
- Service Use Data, including data about the features you use, the pages you visit, the emails you view, the time of day you browse, and your referring and exiting pages.
- Device Connectivity and Configuration Data, including data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and device identifiers such as IP address.
We use various current – and later – developed technologies to automatically collect information (“Tracking Technologies”), including the following:
- Log Files, which are files that record events that occur in connection with your use of the Service.
- Cookies, which are small data files stored on your device that act as a unique tag to identify your browser. We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate our website and expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies help with personalizing your experience, remembering your preferences, and supporting security features. Persistent cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time, and generally may be controlled through your browser settings.
For further information on Tracking Technologies and your rights and choices regarding them, see the sections entitled “Third Parties” and “Your Rights and Choices” below.
C. Information from Other Sources.
3. Use of Information..
- Manage and improve our Service.
- Perform services requested by you, including fulfill requests, provide quotes or product configurations, and prepare drawings.
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service.
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages.
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm.
- Develop and send you direct marketing, including advertisements and communications about our and third party products, offers, promotions, rewards, events, and services.
- Fulfill any other purpose disclosed to you or with your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that has been aggregated or de-identified for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
4. Sharing of Information.
- Service Providers. We share information with agents and service providers in connection with the work they perform on our behalf (collectively “Service Providers”). Service Providers assist us with services such as data analytics, marketing, website hosting, and technical support. Service Providers are prohibited from using information about you for any purpose other than to provide this assistance, although we may permit them to use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
- Affiliates. We share information with our related entities including our parent and sister companies. For example, we may share information with our affiliates for customer support, marketing, and technical operations.
- Facilitating Requests. We share information with third parties for purposes of facilitating your requests.
- Merger or Acquisition. We share information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another business.
- Security and Compelled Disclosure. We share information to comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We also share information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Service or any third party.
- Consent. We may share information to fulfill any other purpose disclosed to you or with your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may share information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) with third parties except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
5. Third Parties.
6. Your Rights and Choices.
A. Tracking Technology Choices.
- Cookies and Pixels. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove Tracking Technologies some parts of the Service may not function correctly.
Our Service contains Tracking Technologies owned and operated by third parties. For example, we use Tracking Technologies from analytics providers, such as Google Analytics, to help us analyze your use of the Service, compile statistic reports on the Service’s activity, and provide us with other services relating to Service activity and internet usage.
You can opt-out of your data being used by Google Analytics through cookies by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link, or emailing us at the email address set out in the “Contact Us” section below with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the email. Please note that you cannot opt-out of non-promotional emails, such as those about your transactions, servicing, or NexTier’s ongoing business relations. Please note that your opt-out is limited to the email address, and device used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions.
D. Your California Privacy Rights.
Our Service is intended to provide information to job applicants and our business customers. You understand that information collected about you is solely within the context of (i) your role as an employee, job applicant, owner, director, officer, or contractor or (ii) NexTier conducting due diligence regarding, or providing or receiving a product or service to or from your employer.
Customers in the state of California may request a list of categorized third parties and in some cases affiliates to whom we may have disclosed their personal information specifically for those third parties’ and/or affiliates’ own marketing purposes, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit a written request to the email or address provided below. Requests must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided email address or mail address.
The Service is not intended for individuals under 18 years of age. NexTier does not knowingly collect personal information as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If you are a parent or guardian and believe NexTier has collected such information in a manner not permitted, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
8. Data Security.
We implement and maintain reasonable administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information about you.
9. International Transfer.
11. Contact Us.
By email: email@example.com
By postal mail:
3990 Rogerdale Road
Houston, Texas 77042